Thursday 19 July 2012

My every day skin care routine.


Hello Darlings,

Today I am going to talk about the skin care products I use every day and how I feel they benefit my skin.

I have used Dermalogica for 8 years, the products I have used have changed as my skin has, which is what I adore about these products, it's like mix and match and finding the combination that works for you.



I am really sorry for the unclear picture, I didn't have much time to spend on perfecting its focus!

Before I start talk about each one, I should really give you background summery of my skin. My skin was always combination before getting pregnant, (oily t-zones, and dry-ish patches, but never anything I couldn't control) but over the 9 month duration and post pregnancy my skin became very dehydrated, and still to this day continues to be.

TIP ONE: GET SKIN MAPPED!! (It's a special magnifying glass that can see what is happening with your face, see where you are congested, dry, oily, patchy etc etc) They tell you what to use and give you a plan, even if you take away a few testers, most of the things I now use are due to falling love with the testers!

What I use:

Essential Cleansing Solution - I used The Special Cleansing Gel for 7 years, and never found it to be drying, however 4 months into my pregnancy my skin started to be dull and dry so I was recommended this and I have never looked back. It is a cream cleanser, very moisturising and leaves your skin feeling soft and very clean!  The natural reaction to dry, dehydrated skin is to change how much you drink and to change your moisturiser to something more moisturising, never did I think that it could be the cleanser that is wrong for my skin at that point, so do consider whether the cleanser you use is right for you if your skin changes for whatever reason.

Daily Microfoliant - I use this once a day (usually the morning) and my skin does not feel ready for the day unless I have used it, it removed any dead skin and clears congestion, for me it has especially helped around the nose and forehead. It leaves it smooth and you feel the difference immediately.

Multi Active Toner- In comes in a spray bottle so you just spray it on your face, so no waste and you get as much as your want, on wherever you need it. I smells natural but in a good way, no stinky scents here! I love this product. (Just don't get it in your eyes!)

Intensive Moisture Balance - I have used SO many moisturisers by Dermalogica, Skin Smoothing Moisturiser, Active Moist etc etc, but they all worked well because I didn't really have problem skin, I found this moisturiser worked to it's optimum when matched with the Essential Cleansing Solution, together they both leave my skin feeling nourished and hydrated.

I also use the Multivitamin Power Recover Masque and the Skin Hydrating Booster which I both find pick my skin up on days that it's feeling extra drab, but as I don't use these every day I shall do a separate blog post on them as Dermalogicas Masques and Boosters are amazing. 

All orders from the Dermalogica website have free delivery and come with recommended samples. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darlings, it would be great to read your opinions!