Wednesday 18 July 2012

I went shopping....


Hiya darlings,

Last weekend I went out and hit the shops, I thought the sales would all be over but thankfully got a few items I had been after for a while, and the rest from this season, so I happily paid full price for a lot of what I wanted because being a mummy to a young demanding baby means I don't get out much, and currently being in-between sizes, ordering online can be a bit of a bother. 

I recently mentioned that I was sticking to investment pieces, and although in my head I had been, this usually meant my wardrobe was choc-a-bloc with black and boring dark colours, so I decided that investment pieces do not mean 'blah' colours. 

This are the items I picked up. 

La la love


From Zara:

(Non-Sale Item) Zara cat top, with the cute little collar detail, I thought it would be a beautiful piece for my collection. I saw that Stacie from MissyElz had the longer white version, and I just loved the print, and simplicity of the top but they didn't stock it when I went to Zara. I love Stacies website, she never fails to inspire me, with her wearable day-to-day outfits. 

(Sale Item) Zara Green Peplum Top with Stud Detailing, I really love the colour and studs on this top, but wish it's material was slightly more forgiving, I don't find it very flattering. I am going to keep it and have it altered as it's just too beautiful to reject!

(Sale Item) Zara Studded skirt. Oh how I love studded items, and although this skirt has already started to shed (I have not even worn it yet!!) I know I can team it up with so many things, it's fit isn't very flattering 'up top' but as long as I wear it with an adequate top it should be fine. I am a big fan of simple yet interesting items. It's nice how a few studs can make something so classic seem so 'wow'.

From Topshop: 

(Non-Sale Item) Topshop Triangle Thong Collar. I love this necklace SO MUCH, I know I can team it up with so many things. It couldn't be more perfect for me! 

(Non-Sale Item) Topshop Basic Neppy Tee. Yes it's black BUT BUT BUT, I need a basic black t-shirt to team with lots of things (I also have this top in white too, I love it) 

(Non-Sale Item) Topshop Paisley Print Cigarette Trousers I usually walk straight past trousers like these as I think it's just not flattering for my bottom half, but I was brave and really thought the print was fun, yet still very me! The Cigarette trouser shape seems to work for me without making me look/feel mahoosive! I am always reading MediaMarmalade, and the beautiful print trousers never fail to amaze me, this blog is truly an inspiration and I am always shopping with the beautiful items on this blog in mind!

(Non-Sale Item) Topshop Sleeveless Peplum Top. Peplum tops have been, and are still everywhere, and I finally got my hands on a Topshop one, it's pretty basic, but love how fitted the top is, yet flattering for those that suffer from 'muffin top syndrome'

Picking up these items, which I really think are essentials (yeah right!!) for someone like me who doesn't have too much time to think about what she is going to wear today and really help me work out what other items would be invaluable to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darlings, it would be great to read your opinions!